Followers

Monday, March 19, 2012

Ga Ga for Goldfish

Happy Monday! I spent most of the day at the hospital with my boyfriend, Keith so this is gonna be a quick and easy post today. I was so excited to finally get to use some of the foil stickers I got from Maytheps. Hope you like it!



I first started my filing my ring finger a bit so that I had a rough surface for the foil sticker to adhere to. I looked for foils that weren't similar to anything I could get locally from Sally Hansen or something like that. I came across this goldfish one and totally loved it! I have a pet Beta named Binx that looks a little like this so I am probably a bit biased :D

With flash...

Without flash
I loved all the holo colors in this. I really wanted to use the red ones too, but for the size of my ring finger I ended up having to use black on both. As it was I had to majorly trim this foil to be able to get the whole fish on my nail since I keep them short for typing at work. It's nice that they are made for longer nails so if you do have really long nails they will still cover it. 


I then followed with 2 coats of a Milani polish called Purple Passion. I loved how this color turned out. It's very pretty in person but for some reason my camera is not cooperating in picking it up. Just ignore my seriously dry thumb lol... It needs some cuticle oil like immediately! I then put a coat of Seche Vite over all my nails including the foil. After that I was still having issues with the foil wanting to come up a bit towards the end of my nail. This seems to always happen to me when I use this type of nail sticker. So I decided to file off the end more and ended up putting a layer of UV Gel on top of it. After that is feels just like my other nails and has lasted several days with out the normal wear. Usually by now I would have ripped it off already because I can't stand that sticky residue feeling. 

Hope you like it! I just ordered a few water decals and polish off of Ebay so I can't wait to get them in and try them out. Enjoy your evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment