Followers

Monday, September 24, 2012

Totally in Love with my Bow!!!

Hi all! Just a quick little post to show you my new love. I recently bough a package of assorted rhinestone bows off of Ebay for about $3-4. I had my doubts on whether or not these would really stay put. 



This was 2 coats of a gel polish I bought for only $3 from Maytheps. I have never tried a gel polish before, but not only is it super durable but the shine was gorgeous. This polish didn't have a name but the number on the bottle was #079. It is kind of a light gray metallic polish with rainbow glitter of miscellaneous sizes. It is so pretty in the light. This picture didn't really capture it at its best. 



Since there was a bluish tinge to the polish, I decided to go with a Tiffany blue rhinestone bow. Isn't it so cute! I loved it! It was a little hard to get it to stick though. The first time I tried it, it came off as I was trying to move my visor in my car to block the sun. I was much more successful my second attempt. Here's how I got it to stay. 
*I first put a dot of nail glue directly onto the nail. This works much better than putting the dot on the bow for some reason. 

*Next, I waited about 20 - 30 seconds for the glue to get kinda tacky.

*Then I held the bow in place about 15 seconds to where I could tell that it was on there. Then I swiped a second coat of glue all the way around underneath and let if fully dry. It worked, cause I have done dishes, showered and went about all my daily activities for several days now and that sucker is not coming off.

Over all I would say not very practical, but totally worth it LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment