Followers

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Purple Rhapsody

Well looks like whether I was ready or not, it's in with the fall. Not only has the change in the weather come but there is definitely a change in the colors too! What do you guys think of all the new fall polishes... I like them but I feel like every brand coming out with a new fall line consists of basically all the same colors! Just about everyone has a bright blue, a creme teal, and a creme purple. Maybe it's just me and my reluctance to embrace fall this year LOL. Done with the musings and now on to the star of the show, my mani!




Isn't it adorable! Sorry for some reason even though it is horizontal from my camera it is not cooperating with my computer today LOL.


I started with 2 coats of China Glaze Jungle Queen. This is a really pretty eggplant creme with a slight iridescence. Can you believe I only paid like $1.30 for this beauty thanks to 50% off clearance at Sally's?!


Next I added a layer of purple glitter I got at my local craft store to my thumbs. I also added purple striping tape to  my middle finger, and purple and white hearts and lavender rhinestones to my ring finger which I won off of Ebay. 


The last step was adding the rhinestone bow to my pointer finger and the dots. I used a dotting tool and OPI Pink Panda-monion to make the tiny buttons/ dots. I topped everything with 2 coats of Out the Door quick dry top coat. What do you guys think??? I loved it! Probably one of my favorites so far. The only bad thing is that those adorable hearts keep snagging on everything :/

No comments:

Post a Comment