Followers

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Reinforcement Sticker Mani

So I kept seeing the idea to use a Binder reinforcement sticker to block the top half moon manicure shape off on Pinterest. No longer being in school I of course did not have any of these on hand. I really wanted to try this but could NEVER remember to actually buy the stickers LOL. Well finally that day has come. 


I started with 3 coats of Cayman Islands by Funky Fingers.


I was really surprised by how transparent this polish was. If I had to do it over again I would definitely make sure to have a white base coat underneath. It did have a kind of pearly sheen to it that was really pretty, but overall not my favorite polish to work with.

This is kind of dark but it gives you and idea of the pearl.
 After a coat of Seche Vite and some waiting time it was dry enough not to leave any imprints on the polish. I am soooooo impatient! I put one of the reinforcement stickers on and then had to do a little mashing to make sure it was stuck well enough on the sides of my nail. 

Kinda looks like a duck LOL

Then I used one coat of Funky Finger 220 Volts.



I definitely should have used 2 coats of the blue, but it was really late and I was getting TIRED. Over all the sticker worked pretty well. I am thinking that I would like to maybe try using the stickers for a better smile like with some french manicures???? 

No comments:

Post a Comment