Followers

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Seeing Navy

Happy Thursday Bloggers! Only a few more days until the Fourth of July, looks like I will have to get cracking on some red, white, and blue nails pretty quickly here. In the mean time I was scoping out Pinterest and saw these adorable navy striped nails that I totally loved. So imagine my surprise when one of my BFF's actually text me a picture of the same exact manicure saying that she found a super cute manicure she thought I should try. So of course then I had to try it! 




This was as close as I could get, but man was it time consuming!!! I started with 2 coats of a gorgeous dark/ navy blue by Kleancolor called Neon Sapphire




On the example I was following they easily made their stripes using the Sally Hansen strips found in their French Manicure kit. Unfortunately, I didn't have this, so I was forced to cut up and use scotch tape to tape off the striped sections for white. I felt like this worked pretty well despite all the time it took. For the white polish I used Snow Me White by Sinful Colors which it seems like I always use. (Sadly it's currently the only white polish I own now due to an unfortunate mishap moving all my nail bins to make room for new furniture. Needless to say there were accidentally several polishes harmed during this move since my boyfriend did not know those plastic bins weren't all one piece and came apart. If you think that is bad, you should see my carpet. Agh horrible! I am in the process of watching a million You Tube videos to find the best way to get rid of it.If you have any advice I will gladly accept it! I will have to post a picture of the spill, it is seriously horrifying.)




Then instead of a Red Heart I decided to use a pink. For the hearts I used a hot pink by Sinful Colors that must be pretty old because it was their old bottle design and the sticker with the name was gone (sorry). I just used an old art paint brush to paint on the hearts. Hope you like it! Not quite as good as the one from Pinterest, but it was fun trying! They've been very eye catching at work as many of my customers have loved them., so let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment