Followers

Friday, August 23, 2013

Back to school Matte Manicure

Hey gals!!!

Today I have a cute mani I did for my Goddaughter Kelsie on the night before her first day of 10th grade. She picked the colors she wanted and the accent nails. I think it came out adorable on her!!! 


Please excuse her cuticles. LOL either she had a nervous fit or that girl needs to drink more water!!! 

For the black polish I used 2 coats of Wet & Wild's Ebony Hates Chris. Then I put on 1 coat of OTD top coat. Once that dried she really wanted a matte finish so we put a coat of Essie's Matte Magic on top. I just loved it matte!!!! 

On the pointer finger she really wanted to use gold striping tape to create a smile line for the french effect.  On the ring finger I used one coat of Essie's Case Study. Then to give it more of a gold metallic effect I used one coat of Nails Inc Special Effects mirror metallic in Stratford. (This came out so gorgeous I was a little sad to do nail art on it LOL) I then used my dotting tool and Finger Paint's Sparkle and Snowflake to do the inside of the cheetah print and then more of Ebony Hates Chris to do the outline with a nail art brush. 

Turned out super cute right?! Hopefully it worked out for her and all her teenage friends thought so too LOL It kind of makes me want to paint my nails like this too! Especially since my nails are a hot mess right now since I spent the day painting a community center for the United Way's Day of Caring. It was super fun and an amazing cause. I definitely want to volunteer again next year!

On my way home I stopped by Carson's Clinique counter to buy some face soap and a pressed powder to take advantage of their Bonus Bag giveaway and I must say I am totally LOVING the freebie lipstick, Surprise, that came in it. It makes me can't wait for fall! Here's a quick lil' snapshot in case you are debating whether or not to buy something to get the free bag of goodies LOL. MUAH!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment