Followers

Thursday, May 3, 2012

April Showers Bring May Flowers

Since it's been pretty unseasonably warn in this area there are already some flowers starting to bloom. For this manicure I knew I wanted something with flowers but I wasn't quite sure what to do since I didn't really feel like nail stamping or having anything super busy. I stumbled across this beautiful photo on 123rf for inspiration.



This reminded me of some sticker foils I had purchased not too long ago from Maytheps for about $1. (I forgot to take the picture of these before I cut out the one I wanted to use that is blue and yellow, WHOOPSIE!)



Since I usually can't stand to have wraps on all my fingers I usually just do an accent nail with my ring finger. I then painted the rest of my nails with two coats of Sinful Colors in a muddy brown color called Nirvana.


I then put a clear UV Gel coat over the foil wrap because it seems to last a lot better than if I just use a top coat. That way i am way less likely to pick it off. It still seemed a bit flat so I added then put 1 coat of Kleancolor's Mud Pie Sparkle (it looks exactly as it is named LOL) and a coat of Seche Vite. It looks like it is a super dark brown in this photo but in real life it is a lot lighter because it looks so much more metallic. Now if only I could find an eye shadow in this exact shade I would be in heaven!




What do you think? I wish the flower was a bit bluer but besides that not too many complaints. Hope everyone is enjoying their beautiful May! 

No comments:

Post a Comment